Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Eye Improvement Journey

Cool My Eye Improvement Journey

I knew about the bates method and bought a book on it about 3 years but kept putting it off. Started exercises just 2 weeks ago. SI'm -3.25 and -3.75 myopia, and have managed to go without glasses for a 2 weeks now (except when i drive). I use pinhole glasses for computer work or if its gets too blurry watching tv (such as watching the table tennis ball of the olympics lol).

After not using glasses for 2 weeks, i realise how reliant i was on it, and how relaxing it is to do without them. I do feel more comfortable without glasses and have noticed my vision improved already though i have not done a thorough test.

here are the exercises I am doing:

sunning exercise - 10 mins
    palming exercise - 10 mins and mini palms throughout the day
    far distance viewing - 10 mins
    shifting exercise - 6 mins
    eye rotation exercise (not PVS, just some exercise i found on youtube)

I do these when i take a 10 min break every 50 minutes from the computer. Its also good to look into the distance every 10 minutes from the computer screen for around 10-15 seconds to stop eye strain. Found this brilliant free app for Mac that will helps tremendously: Mac App Store - Time Out Free

About 5 days ago, I came across this forum. I bought the PVS book from amazon yesterday and should arrive next week. So I am looking forward to incorporate David DeAngelis exercises into my present program.

Today when I was walking around outside I noticed how sharpe I was able to see and how clear the shop signs etc are to me. Will be taking an opticians eye check next week to see if i have improved at all in such a short space of time.

I will be posting my results and my progress in the this thread. Hopefully when all goes well, this thread would become a PVS + Bates success story

Hi reborn and welcome to the Power Vision Forum. It's good to hear you are noticing subtle improvements already. Please keep us updated on your progress.

Ade
    9th November 2011 Current (starting point) prescription: R: -6.75(SPH) -1.25(CYL) 10(AXIS) L: -6.50(SPH) -1.50(CYL) 175(AXIS)
    CRB daily routine started 1st December 2011
    16th December 2011 New prescription (as measured at my 2 yearly eye test): R: -6.50(SPH) -1.50(CYL) 5(AXIS) L: -6.25(SPH) -1.75(CYL) 175(AXIS)

Welcome here reborn, please read carefully ALL the book, also the FAQ section, it is Very important.
    Then begin your PVS training with a minimum of 3 weeks of Ocular Stretching exercises.
    On the video library of this Forum you will find them.
    Please keep us informed about your Results!
    Cheers
    David

Thank you for the welcome! I have received the secret of perfect vision book today. Will start reading through it. I see in the book that under correction glasses is used. I am going to get a opticians check up on my eyes tomorrow to see my progress. It will also be a good chance to buy undercorrected glasses. David, what is the recommended undercorrected glasses to buy for computer work and for driving? Presently my glasses prescription is -3.75 left and -3.25 right (hopefully tomorrow, the eye checkup would show a recovery of 0.25D)
    Starting glasses prescription: left -3.75, right -3.25 23rd July 2012
    Left -3.00 cyl -0.50, right -3.00 cyl -0.50 18th August 2012
    New prescription results coming soon.

So i've been doing eye exercises for roughtly 3 weeks now. Not worn my glasses except for driving. I do feel my vision have improved and I see things more clearly. Inaddition I noticed when i wear my glasses for driving, i literally feel the pulling of my eyes to accommodate the lens. Anyway, this could be all subjective, so I went for an eye test today. And here's the prescription:

Right eye -3.00 cyl -050
    Left eye -3.00 cyl -050

My present glasses are -3.75 right and -3.25 left. Very happy with the results, as any improvement would have motivated me to persist. Was expecting a possible improvement of 0.25 diaptors due to recovering from transient myopia just by taking off the glasses but with the result for the left eye, I'm really impressed.

This is a new optician that I went to, and I told him I have been doing eye exercises for around 3 weeks before visiting. He said eye exercises strenghtens the eyes, but myopia is all genetics and so it will have no effect on myopia, yet he was unable to explain why I have a reduced prescription.

So i'm going to change my lens to the lower prescription. Next is my decision to continue using pinhole glasses to work at the computer or get very undercorrected glasses (like about -0.75 lenses) to allow for defocus training. I'm actually typing this with no glasses on and see the letters (quite blurry) while as before I can make out the letters at all.

A few days ago I started the David DeAngelis method of oscular training. So combining this with the bates method. I am doing 10 rotations both directions with eyes open and eyes closed already. Will do them on alternate days. I think I got the ocular strength to do this as I was already doing oscular stretching for 3 weeks before hand (instead of twice stretching as suggested in the book, I was doing 10 of these every day). I told the optician I'll be back in 3-6 months for another eye check, will bump thread with results.
    Last edited by reborn; 18-08-2012 at 07:36 PM.

This is amazing progress! Can you elaborate on what you do when sunning? Do you still sun when it's a cloudy day? And can you also elaborate on the shifting exercises you do?
    Also thanks for the tip on the Time Out app, it works beautifully.

Hi reborn, Please keep us updated about your PVS training results.
    Thank you and all the Best for your eyes!
    David

Quote Originally Posted by mailliam View Post
    This is amazing progress! Can you elaborate on what you do when sunning? Do you still sun when it's a cloudy day? And can you also elaborate on the shifting exercises you do?
    Also thanks for the tip on the Time Out app, it works beautifully.
    Hi Mailliam

This is how i do the sunning exercise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h6la_e6sAE

I do ten minutes of it. While turning my head, i count to 50 and palm for 8 breaths, then repeat.

I'll explain the shifting exercise in another post (need to scan a page with the instructions and attach it)

My reason for wearing the pinhole glasses is so i don't need to wear minus lens that causes accommodative stress. If these pinhole glasses help with improving vision then that is a bonus, but I am expecting the improvements to come from the exercises I do.

Here is how slow I do the rotations: (their choice of music is not great)

In terms of oscular stretching as in the exercise, I do it everyday, of 10 reps each direction. The slow rotations every 3 days now. After I build strength in these muscles, I'll move onto rotations with fixing at a point. I did about 5 rotations of the fixating at point about 3 weeks ago. Made me feel nauseous and I had to lie down for 2 hours to feel better. That's why I'm going to wait a few weeks before attempting again. Not started the defocus training yet. I am looking to do it once i become good at fixating at a point rotations. I believe the Bates Method of relaxation techniques and exercises combines very well with Power Vision System. My theory is that doing both will have faster and better improvement than doing either one alone.

I have started using the snellen chart to check my progress. I have attached it below so anyone looking to improve their sight can check their progress too (here it is http://www.vision-training.com/en/Do...on%20White.pdf)

From 3 meters away I am able to read the 20/100 line. There is no proper conversion for diopters and snellen, but here is a rough estimate from http://www.mdsupport.org/library/acuity.html :
    Snellen
    20/10
    20/15
    20/20
    20/30
    20/40
    20/50
    20/100
    20/200

Estimated prescription
    Plano (zero)
    Plano
    Plano to -0.25
    -1.00 to -1.25
    -1.75 to -2.00
    -2.00 to -2.50

I am able to read the 20/100 using the CRB movement (contraction relaxation and blinking). I am sure I am nowhere near -2.00 diopters but being able to read the line is quite an achievement i feel.

Quote Originally Posted by reborn View Post
    Hi Mailliam

This is how i do the sunning exercise

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h6la_e6sAE

I do ten minutes of it. While turning my head, i count to 50 and palm for 8 breaths, then repeat.

I'll explain the shifting exercise in another post (need to scan a page with the instructions and attach it)

My reason for wearing the pinhole glasses is so i don't need to wear minus lens that causes accommodative stress. If these pinhole glasses help with improving vision then that is a bonus, but I am expecting the improvements to come from the exercises I do.

Here is how slow I do the rotations: (their choice of music is not great)

In terms of oscular stretching as in the exercise, I do it everyday, of 10 reps each direction. The slow rotations every 3 days now. After I build strength in these muscles, I'll move onto rotations with fixing at a point. I did about 5 rotations of the fixating at point about 3 weeks ago. Made me feel nauseous and I had to lie down for 2 hours to feel better. That's why I'm going to wait a few weeks before attempting again. Not started the defocus training yet. I am looking to do it once i become good at fixating at a point rotations. I believe the Bates Method of relaxation techniques and exercises combines very well with Power Vision System. My theory is that doing both will have faster and better improvement than doing either one alone.

I have started using the snellen chart to check my progress. I have attached it below so anyone looking to improve their sight can check their progress too (here it is http://www.vision-training.com/en/Do...on%20White.pdf)

From 3 meters away I am able to read the 20/100 line. There is no proper conversion for diopters and snellen, but here is a rough estimate from http://www.mdsupport.org/library/acuity.html :
    Snellen
    20/10
    20/15
    20/20
    20/30
    20/40
    20/50
    20/100
    20/200

Estimated prescription
    Plano (zero)
    Plano
    Plano to -0.25
    -1.00 to -1.25
    -1.75 to -2.00
    -2.00 to -2.50

I am able to read the 20/100 using the CRB movement (contraction relaxation and blinking). I am sure I am nowhere near -2.00 diopters but being able to read the line is quite an achievement i feel.
    Hey, thank you for the reply. I'll give regular sunning a try - looks really relaxing and that diopter to snellen conversion is really helpful!

When you wrote "Here's how slow I do the rotations..." was there meant to be a link somewhere?

Your posts have been really informative so keep posting please!

Quote Originally Posted by mailliam View Post
    Hey, thank you for the reply. I'll give regular sunning a try - looks really relaxing and that diopter to snellen conversion is really helpful!

When you wrote "Here's how slow I do the rotations..." was there meant to be a link somewhere?

Your posts have been really informative so keep posting please!
    Here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6ugNEcnVPk

I do 10 of these clockwise and anti clockwise, with open and closed eyes (I work up this amount, but I got there quite quickly within 3 sessions). These are done every 3 days. I did it alternate days before but i felt my eyes requires more recovery since i could feel the strain in my oscular muscles everyday. Now that I have moved to every 3 days, the strain has gone. Maybe after more practice I may decide to go back to alternate days but I am quite happy with this schedule at the moment.

I do enjoy sunning, and sometimes i do it more than once a day. When it comes to winter, I will probably need to do it in front of artificial light.

Also recently when using the time out app, with every 10 mins, I look at the furthest distance, but in addition, I also now palm my eyes for around 8-12 breaths. When palming eyes, its good to rub hands together to get the heat and energy flowing (I do hand on healing called quantum touch, and that is the initial part of it. If you have time, you could learn it, it really is amazing. Sometimes i do a quantum healing session on my eyes via palming).

I'll get the shifting exercise post up soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast